863 ( Rammstein - Reise, Reise )

863 ( Rammstein - Reise, Reise )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a0/ReiseReise.jpg

In a quandary as to which song I should choose today, but I decided that this Rammstein track would be rather nice for my mood. It is one of my favourite songs off of the album of its namesake; I love the big, brooding sound in this song along with Till's awesome vocals.

Something odd that I found out a bit ago about this song, or may I say certain pressings of the album is that there is an Easter Egg of sorts included. On the version that I have when you start this song there is about 35 seconds of muffled screams followed by a klaxon and a computerized voice repeatedly saying "pull up." For quite a while when I started the song I did not have my player up loud enough to even hear it and thought that it was a long lead-in on the disc. After hearing it I did some researched and I found out that it is actually a voice recording from the last few seconds before the Japan Airlines Flight 123 crash; this is the flight in which Japanese singer Kyu Sakamoto, of Sukiyaki fame was killed.
It's rather macabre and disturbing, but that is their usual shtick. This song, subject matter wise has nothing to do with this kind of event, however another track on the album: Dalai Lama, which can be heard here on YouTube, does; combined with the album's artwork depicting a "black box" you can see what they were getting at.

Hear Reise, Reise on YouTube.
Here is a live performance from Völkerball on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Billy Joel - New York State Of Mind
My song pick two years ago today: Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade