1192 Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Four Wheel Drive

1192 Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Four Wheel Drive
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Bachman-Turner_Overdrive_-_Four_Wheel_Drive.jpg

After driving on slick and snowy roads the last couple day this track has kept running through my mind. It's a little fun watching the other cars spin out whilst my 4-wheel drive vehicle just takes off like it's on dry pavement. While the subject matter has really nothing to do with driving a four wheel drive vehicle, I love the thumping rhythm in this song featuring C.F. Turner's driving bass; it fits my mood quite well. It's an awesome piece of Canadian Hard Rock.
Anyway, this is the title track off of their '75 album; from what I read about it the entire album was recorded in under a week's time. Apparently their record company wanted capitalize on the success of their previous monster hit album Not Fragile, so they rushed the album out the door. While the album is good, it definitely has a less polished sound to it than their previous two albums. I've only heard two songs off of this album get radio play: She's a Devil and Hey You, with the latter being considered the album's main hit.

Watch a fan video with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Savatage - When the Crowds are Gone

My song pick two years ago today: Joe Walsh - Ordinary Average Guy

My song pick three years ago today: Warren Zevon - Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn