1634 Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll

1634 Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/c8/92/3c31c0a398a0e4c3c33cc110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Led Zeppelin IV (ZoSo), Year: 1971
Genre: Hard Rock/Rock 'N Roll

I'm on to day five of my mystery theme week and for today's pick I felt like listening to some Led Zeppelin.
Only in recent years have I been able to truly enjoy much of Led Zeppelin's music; in the past I have felt like they were being forced down my throat, and thus it made me grow to dislike the band more than a bit. However, since I've not listened radio that much anymore I've slowly been getting into the band and their music.
One of the most interesting aspects that I've found about them is that they were able to dabble in and across a few Rock genres and not pay the price of doing so like many others have. I mean, hell they were one of the bands that wrote Progressive Hard Rock and it was eaten up and adored to this day by the mainstream and pop culture, which doesn't happen that often if at all.
Anyway, even when I didn't really care for the band I always loved the rawness and energy that this song exuded. That awesome drum into literally grabs the listener by the ears and then that basic and raw Hard Rock 12-bar Blues takes over and takes the listener the rest of the way.

Hear Rock and Roll on YouTube.
Here is a live performance circa '73 on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Rush - Xanadu

My song pick two years ago today: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

My song pick three years ago today: George Frideric Handel - Every Valley Shall Be Exalted

My song pick four years ago today: Kohei Tanaka - Kline's Dream

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn