1653 Genesis - The Knife

1653 Genesis - The Knife
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51STXD3C37L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Trespass, Year: 1970
Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock

I had a hankering for some early Genesis this morning whilst I start my day. This is one of my favourite tracks off of their second album, just prior to Phil Collins joining the band. This one goes all over the place musically, which is an aspect I love in a lot of music I normally listen to. I love how they mixed the lighter and heavier sounds in this incredible 9 minute rock opus.

Hear The Knife on YouTube.
Here is a live recording circa '73 on YouTube. They sound as good if not better than in the studio version in my opinion.



My song pick a year ago today: Spaghetti Western Orchestra - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - Wabash Cannonball

My song pick three years ago today: Ray Stevens - Gitarzan

My song pick four years ago today: REO Speedwagon - Back on the Road Again

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn