1649 Porcupine Tree - Dark Matter

1649 Porcupine Tree - Dark Matter
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61Eh5vTMHCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Signify, Year: 1996
Genre: Progressive Rock

Max and I were briefly discussing Porcupine Tree and I realized that I had not picked one of their songs yet, so today I'm taking care of that.
While I haven't had a lot of exposure to the band outside of the songs that Max has picked, from what I've heard of them thus far this song in particular has become one of my favourites. I love the complex and melodic sound of this track; there is so much to listen to that you really can't take it all in without listening to it more than a few times.

Hear Dark Matter on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Robin Trower - Bridge of Sighs

My song pick two years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Sympathy for the Devil

My song pick three years ago today: The Moody Blues - OM

My song pick four years ago today: Jon Oliva's Pain - Guardian Of Forever

+

Comments

  1. Tread this road carefully - Porcupine Tree is like a drug. A "Dark Matter" here and a "Blackest Eyes" there, and before you know it you're freebasing Deadwing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Comment on this post:

Popular posts from this blog

6962. The Grateful Dead - We Can Run

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days

6348. Lightning Seeds - Pure