1636 The Animals - House of the Rising Sun

1636 The Animals - House of the Rising Sun
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51CrDoIZsxL.jpg
From: The Animals. Year: 1964
Genre: Rock/Blues Rock/Folk Rock

Well, between spending some quality time with my 5 year old son and getting some writing done I figured I would make my song pick today and bring my theme week to a close as well.
This often-covered traditional song is most likely The Animals' most popular and one of my favourites from the band. Even though they had many other hits to their name, it's still the song you would first think of when you think of the band.
I've loved their version since I first heard it long ago; From what I understand they actually got their inspiration from Bob Dylan's version, which was recorded a couple of years earlier. Bob Dylan's version can be found here on YouTube.

Watch a music video clip on YouTube.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, I guess I should reveal what my theme week was: essentially this theme week had to do with the meter (the beat) of the songs I picked; picking a song with one more beat in its meter each day:
The 1st song picked has essentially no meter.
The 2nd song picked in the second movement uses the 1/1 meter.
The 3rd song picked in the third movement uses the 2/4 meter.
The 4th song picked used the 3/4 meter.
The 5th song picked used the 4/4 meter.
The 6th song picked used the 5/4 meter.
And the 7th pick, (today's song), used the 6/8 meter.
So, I'm calling this theme week "Adding another beat a day."



My song pick a year ago today: Wild Turkey - Sentinel

My song pick two years ago today: KISS - She

My song pick three years ago today: Hawkwind - Assault and Battery/The Golden Void

My song pick four years ago today: Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

+

Comments

  1. That was certainly a more substantive and worthwhile mystery theme than the one I did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, funny enough it just hit me to do when I was posting the one on Sunday; it's weird how inspiration just happens.
    Oh yeah, by the way, you just posted my 100th comment for my blog since I've been on Blogger; congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about about your reply; for some reason Blogger categorized it as spam and I just happened to notice it.
      I guess you win the internet.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)