1661 Pallas - Heart Attack

1661 Pallas - Heart Attack
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SMRN3EBRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Sentinel, Year: 1984
Genre: Progressive Rock

It has been a very busy day and just now am finally getting around to making my pick.
Anyway, I've been listening to this album a lot lately and thought I would pick a second song off of it back-to-back, which is something I normally don't do.
This is one of the songs that wasn't originally released on the album, but was resurrected for the album's re-release as a proper concept album as intended. As with any good eight minute prog piece, this one goes all over the place musically complete with signature changes and complex melodies and counter lines; this song in particular reminds me a wee bit of the music from Rush just prior the Moving Pictures period.
In the overall concept album's story this one takes place long after the fall of Atlantis and is about the spirits of the long-dead nation looking on present day man and seeing him make the same mistakes that led to their demise.

Hear Heart Attack on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - Windy and Warm

My song pick two years ago today: David Bowie - The Man Who Sold the World

My song pick three years ago today: Dire Straits - Industrial Disease

My song pick four years ago today: Blues Image - Ride Captain Ride

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade