1645 Jethro Tull - Jump Start

1645 Jethro Tull - Jump Start
http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/7b/f3/171deb6709a0c5b5c14e3110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Crest of a Knave, Year: 1987
Genre: Progressive Rock/Hard Rock

It feels good to bring this long day to a close; I guess I should make my pick before I call it a day.
Anyway, I heard this song when I was on the road; I thought it would be an excellent pick for today. While it's one of their heavier songs off the album, it also has its lighter, acoustical aspects as well. One of the best parts of the song for me personally is Ian Anderson and Martin Barre's flute and guitar solo; the softer flute contrasts, but also blends quite nicely with the blazing guitar.

Watch the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - Trambone

My song pick two years ago today: John Denver - Wildflower in a Mason Jar

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Locomotive Breath

My song pick four years ago today: Rammstein - Spieluhr

+

Comments

  1. Seems apropos to post Jethro Tull on Grammy night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I didn't know they were on tonight... not that would've cared anyway; all award shows are nothing but a joke filled with celebrities that have overblown egos. To me it's like watching celebrities masturbating to their carefully sculpted public image; thoroughly disgusting.
    Yeah, Jethro Tull got that award back then and it ended up being yet another slap in the face to such a great and storied Progressive Rock band that deserved better. But, that's the way it is with Progressive Rock acts; the mainstream will do anything to marginalize artists that do things differently. It would've been much better for everyone if they had Hard Rock and Metal in separate categories back then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Speaking of which, I take it you knew that Dream Theater was nominated this year? They did a red carpet interview and everything. They ended up, of course, losing to Foo Fighters.

      It's like when prog acts are involved, no matter which direction they go, they will always get it wrong.

      Delete
    2. No, I didn't; that was cool that they got nominated, but I'm not surprised they didn't win. If they did somehow win it would probably become a 'scandal' just like the 'Tull win.
      I view awards show as not much more than the mainstream having a wank on the flavour of the month and at the same time gives them a stage to exclude other worthy acts.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn