1756 Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart - K. 1a - Andante in C

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEj2Ut03S_eJFl9oDl6yeqQhUA1xilgCg_yvi5T57_J90zP40dUuDEexhAK91plwACV76imi90GB5gxSFGp7iiD8uUYKrKBI5r2_ywKwWo_wsE5A93fhoOGzCI7IfwgWER2kFha7W4LrBus/s1600/images.jpg
K. 1a; Year: ~1761; Genre: classical/Classical Period
The legendary composer Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born in the year 1756, and since that's today's pick number, I thought it would be apropos to pick one of his pieces. I guess since we're talking about his birth I also thought it would be perfect to pick what is thought to be his first composition, which he supposedly wrote at the tender age of five.
While it's a very short piece, (only 10 measures in length), it still is fascinating to hear the work of who would become arguably the most famous composer of all time in such an embryonic state and to hear a Mozart who was yet to developed his own style. When listening to these early pieces I can't help but envision his father, Leopold Mozart, looming over the young prodigy whilst he worked it out and wrote it down.

Hear a medley of his earliest pieces, including of course this one, on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Grateful Dead - Help is on the Way/Slipknot!

My song pick two years ago today: Louis Armstrong - Nobody Knows The Trouble I've Seen

My song pick three years ago today: R.E.O. Speedwagon - Take It On The Run

My song pick four years ago today: The Grass Roots - Temptation Eyes

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn