1832 John Denver - Take Me To Tomorrow

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EQmyTlBYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Take Me To Tomorrow; Year: 1970; Genre: Rock
Ever since I was quite young I've been a fan of John Denver. I remember buying his first official album, which this song is the title track to, years ago at a second hand record store. For the most part I was used to hearing his popular folk/country sound; to say the least I was surprised when I first dropped the needle and heard this song start playing. This track is actually a straight-up rock tune with with a bit of soul, gospel, and funk thrown in.
After a couple of times listening to the raw and edgy sound of this record, it became one of my favourite of his albums; it's very interesting to hear his music from towards the beginning of his recording career.

Hear Take Me To Tomorrow on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Mahavishnu Orchestra - Can't Stand Your Funk

My song pick two years ago today: Styx - Suite Madame Blue

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Malignant Narcissism

My song pick four years ago today: Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)