1839 Led Zeppelin - Misty Mountain Hop

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51w2q3XO8hL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: Led Zeppelin IV (ZoSo); Year: 1971; Genre: Hard Rock
For some reason the wife and I were talking about 'Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page this morning and it got me in the mood to pick a Led Zeppelin song for today's pick.
I believe that I mentioned in previous picks about how I used to not like hearing their music as much due to them being massively overplayed on the radio. However, during that stretch there were a few of their songs that were exceptions; this was one of them. I don't know what it is about it, but even though this one got just as much overexposure I always seemed to like it. I love John Paul Jones' electric piano, which is one of the main driving forces for this track.

Hear Misty Mountain Hop on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Émile Waldteufel - Op. 232 - Rococo-Polka

My song pick two years ago today: Sky - Sarabande

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - On The Hunt

My song pick four years ago today: Ian Anderson - A Better Moon

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade