1851 Genesis - A Winter's Tale

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51rtw8D2CIL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: From Genesis to Revelation (Reissue); Year: 1969; Genre: Rock/Pop
Since I grew up mostly hearing the Genesis from the '80s early on I never really had any exposure to the material with Peter Gabriel at the microphone. It wasn't until about a decade or so ago that really made an effort to hear Genesis' earlier stuff. I think the first time I heard this early single, which was later added to reissues of their debut album, I was taken aback by the overall "poppy" sound. It's amazing to hear Genesis with a sound similar to many other beat and "top 40" groups of the time period.

Hear A Winter's Tale on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Chet Atkins - Drive In

My song pick two years ago today: Letzte Instanz - Für Immer Und Ewig

My song pick three years ago today: Ian Anderson - A Raft of Penguins

My song pick four years ago today: John Denver - Jimmy Newman

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade