1838 Barenaked Ladies - One Week

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/511QB-LD8cL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Stunt; Year: 1996; Genre: Alternative Rock
I've been counting down the days until we get out of this hellhole of an apartment and I noticed that it is one week until moving day. Ever since it came to my attention this aptly titled song has been running through my mind; actually another one of their songs, The Old Apartment, would probably be more apropos for a pick. Come to think of it, I'll probably be picking that song very soon as well.
Anyway, ever since this song was released you couldn't help but hear it everywhere; it's gotten a lot of play over the year and is probably the band's biggest hit. I believe one of the reasons for this is that a lot of their music, which obviously includes this song, borders on being comedic/novelty songs and thus makes it that much more accessible to everyone.

Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Paul Abraham Dukas - The Sorcerer's Apprentice

My song pick two years ago today: Jigsaw - Jesu, the Joy of Man's Desiring

My song pick three years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Second Hand

My song pick four years ago today: Glenn Miller - Moonlight Serenade

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade