1840 Jethro Tull - The Whistler

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/f1/fb/aea581b0c8a0ebf9feb99110.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Songs from the Wood; Year: 1977; Genre: Progressive Rock/Folk Rock
This morning I've been playing some stuff from Jethro Tull's late 70's album trilogy. This song comes off the first one, Songs from the Wood, and I guess you could call this song the main single.
I've always liked the mix of acoustic and the traditional folk elements with the heavier rock elements; it gives this song quite a bit of distinction even amongst its counterparts.
One of the more interesting parts of this song is its structure; they use a verse/chorus/solo pattern all the way through the song with Ian Anderson soloing on a tin whistle between the end of the chorus and back into the verse.

Hear The Whistler on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Maurice Ravel - M.19 - Pavane for a Dead Princess

My song pick two years ago today: Black Label Society - Stillborn

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - I Never Dreamed

My song pick four years ago today: Duran Duran - New Moon On Monday

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade