1847 Franz Liszt - S.244/2 - Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/62/Franz_Liszt_by_Pierre_Petit.png/220px-Franz_Liszt_by_Pierre_Petit.png
S.244/2; Year: 1847; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
It's been rather busy since the move and I've been trying to keep up with my song a day blog as much as possible; I'm really hoping that I am not forced to miss a pick.
Anyway, again I am making a pick where the date the song was composed/published happened to coincide with my pick number. 1847 happened to be the year that Liszt composed this rather popular piece of music; I can almost but guarantee that anyone who hears it would immediately recognize it. This one has permeated a lot of pop culture over the last century and will more than likely continue doing so far into the future.


Hear Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2 on YouTube.
Hear an orchestral version of the piece on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Modest Petrovitch Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

My song pick two years ago today: Unheilig - Schutzengel

My song pick three year ago today: Jaco Pastorius - Chromatic Fantasy

My song pick four years ago today: The Polyphonic Spree - Light and Day/Reach for the Sun

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade