2811 Petula Clark - A Sign of the Times

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d3/My_love_warner_bros.jpg
From: My Love; Year: 1966; Genre: Pop/Rock
I had one of Petula Clark's songs come on my iPhone whilst on the way home; it earwormed me and since I've always loved her singing and music I thought I would pick one of her songs today. I literally grew up hearing her music a lot from my mom, who adores her work; I guess I came to like her material too by proxy.
Anyway, this is one of her main hits from the mid 1960s and has a definite Motown/R&B feel in the rhythm section, which only adds to the quality of the song. From what I understand this song was banned by the radio station owner Clear Channel because of some "end of the world" undertones, wot ever that means.

Hear A Sign of the Times on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Iron Maiden - Wrathchild

My song pick two years ago today: Guns N' Roses - Paradise City

My song pick three years ago today: Ian Anderson - Shunt and Shuffle

My song pick four years ago today: Def Leppard - Waterloo Sunset

My song pick five years ago today: John Denver - Spirit

My song pick six years ago today: Sly and the Family Stone - Everyday People

My song pick seven years ago today: David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade