2819 Percy Sledge - When a Man Loves a Woman

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41PG226Y79L.jpg
From: When a Man Loves a Woman; Year: 1966; Genre: R&B/Soul/Blues
Yesterday I learned of the passing of Percy Sledge, which a writeup can be found here; he was 74 years old. I thought for absolute sure that I had already picked this song at some point, but apparently not. What better song to pick today than this powerful and well-loved song from the legendary soulman himself? A excellent, timeless song that'll be surely heard for many, many years to come and then some.

Hear When a Man Loves a Woman on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Peter Gabriel - Steam

My song pick two years ago today: Phil Collins - Something Happened on the Way to Heaven

My song pick three years ago today: Pallas - Rise and Fall, Part 2

My song pick four years ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Black Blade

My song pick five years ago today: Rammstein - Waidmanns Heil

My song pick six years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rock Island

My song pick seven years ago today: Cheap Trick - Mighty Wings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade