2832 Jerry Reed - The Legend

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41jk9QX8JeL.jpg
From: Smokey and the Bandit (Soundtrack); Year: 1977; Genre: Country
I had this song earworming me most of the morning and I knew I had today's song pick. This is essentially the title track to the classic film Smokey and the Bandit; it is the song that the movie opens with, although East Bound and Down is probably the song that is more identified with it. In my opinion though this was a great track for the beginning of the film, which tells the "legend" of title character; it set the tone and such, and of course Jerry Reed is amazing as ever.

Hear The Legend on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Curved Air - Heaven (Never Seemed So Far Away)

My song pick two years ago today: Alestorm - Rum

My song pick three years ago today: Bachman & Turner - Slave to the Rhythm

My song pick four years ago today: Pink Floyd - San Tropez

My song pick five years ago today: Janis Joplin - Mercedes Benz

My song pick six years ago today: Pink Floyd - Pigs On The Wing Parts 1 and 2

My song pick seven years ago today: Charlie Parker - Blues For Alice


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade