Song 196 (Joni Mitchell--"Coyote")

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9e/Hejira_cover.jpg

Yesterday was one of those days that I was operating on four hours of sleep and having to work on a term paper. Finally as was able to relax this song kept running through my head, so I took it as a sign that it was in need of being picked.
This is my favourite song off of the Hejira album, which in my opinion is one of the best of her albums musically. In this whole album she surrounded herself with a great cast of musicians who helped make this album a great one. This song compares a coyote’s predatory behaviour with the behaviour of a man in the song who pursues her. Really this song has no weak spots in my opinion at all, it is a truly great song.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the Shadows and Light live performance on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade