Song 210 (The Platters--"Twilight Time")



The other day I was watching one of my favorite X-Files episodes: "Kill Switch." This episode had a distinction from other episodes in that it was co-written by science fiction authors: Tom Maddox and William Gibson, (one of my favorite authors). Anyway, in the plot the creator of an artificial intelligence that has gone out of control is trying to shut it down. The "Kill Switch" is on a CD-ROM that is hidden in the song "Twilight Time" by the Platters; after that I knew I had to pick the song soon... and I did.
I have always loved this track, the vocal work and arrangements in this romantic ballad are excellent. I probably would have picked this song eventually anyway even if it did not have the connection.

Here is a recording of the song on YouTube.
Here is a television performance of the song on YouTube.

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn