1365 Elton John - Lady Samantha

1365 Elton John - Lady Samantha
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61TZA6ATIwL._SS500_.jpg
From: Empty Sky (Reissue), Year: 1969, (1995)

I originally heard the Three Dog Night cover version of this song when I bought a greatest hits collection of their music quite a while ago it became one of my favourite tracks on the album. When looking through the album's liner notes I found out this was another song from the songwriting team of John/Taupin. Of course I immediately had to hear the original Elton John version and it became a favourite as well. I really like both versions; they are quite similar and I could have just as easily picked the Three Dog Night version; I probably will at a later date.
Anyway, I love Bernie Taupin's lyrics and subject matter in this song; it's almost like it's written about a spectre or something similar; the wailing guitar adds a lot to the atmosphere.

Hear Lady Samantha on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Nena - 99 Luftballons

My song pick two years ago today: Rainbow - Street of Dreams

My song pick three years ago today: Van Morrison - Moondance

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade