1379 Derek and the Dominoes - Key to the Highway

1379 Derek and the Dominoes - Key to the Highway
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51TknQrnCnL._SS500_.jpg
From: Layla and Other Assorted Love Songs, Year: 1970

I've actually been meaning to pick this track for a while now since Arthur picked it on his Song a Day blog.
From what I understand this recording of this blues standard came into being when Eric Clapton and Duane Allman were jamming in the studio whilst they were on break during recording the album; apparently the record's producer heard them playing and started recording it.

Hear the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: David Bowie - All The Madmen

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Finding My Way

My song pick three years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival - Long As I Can See The Light

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade