2986 Neil Young - This Note's For You

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/518fyEyAM6L._SX425_.jpg
From: This Note's For You; Year: 1988; Genre: Rock
As normally happens with me and how I start many of my posts, I had Neil Young on my mind yesterday and into today, so I'm picking one of his songs.
25 years ago this song was quite a bit funnier and made much more sense, but you can get the overall gist of what he was singing about. Many of references have to do with some zeitgeists of the time the song was written/released, mostly advertising that different companies were famous for at the time, i.e. Budweiser Beer's "This Bud's for you," from which the song's title was inspired amongst others. Anyway, it's still a fun song, even today.

Watch the video to This Note's For You on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Dire Straits - Telegraph Road

My song pick two years ago today: Jethro Tull - Cheap Day Return

My song pick three years ago today: Soundgarden - Black Rain

My song pick four years ago today: Chickenfoot - Lighten Up

My song pick five years ago today: Aerosmith - Dream On

My song pick six years ago today: Rush - One Little Victory

My song pick seven years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Fortunate Son

My song pick eight years ago today: Franz Schubert - Op. 1 - Der Erlkönig "The ErlKing"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn