2979 Three Dog Night - Mama Told Me Not To Come

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41bcROemPOL.jpg
From: It Ain't East; Year: 1970; Genre: Rock
I had some of their music on my mind since yesterday evening, so I thought I'd take it as a sign to pick one of their songs. Not only have I not picked this track, which is one of my favourites from the band, but I haven't picked one from the band for over three years.
Anyway, this rather funky cover originally from Randy Newman is probably one of the band's biggest hits. The bass, drums and keys drive the song mostly, and even though the song has odd meters and meter changes the listener really doesn't notice it unless you're paying attention. It really matches up quite well with the lyrics, which of course, depict from a first-person point of view, a sheltered individual's first encounter with a wild party.

Hear Mama Told Me Not To Come on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Pearl Jam - Sirens

My song pick two years ago today: Carmen - Daybreak

My song pick three years ago today: Rush - Fountain of Lamenth

My song pick four years ago today: Megadeth - Bad Omen

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - Beggar's Farm

My song pick six years ago today: The Beatles - Something

My song pick seven years ago today: Jethro Tull - Singing All Day

My song pick eight years ago today: Jethro Tull - Heavy Water


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade