2969 Carl Douglas - Kung Fu Fighting

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51waHjaWVYL._SS280.jpg
From: Kung Fu Fighting (single); Year: 1974; Genre: Disco/Funk
Continuing my streak of consecutive Funky Fridays today. As luck would have it last night this ultra popular track started playing in my mind and I knew I had to pick it today. It's amazing how many songs out there, like this one, which was hurriedly recorded as a b-side afterthought ended up becoming legendary. It's still one to this day that most people enjoy hear from time to time.

Hear Kung Fu Fighting on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Alice in Chains - No Excuses

My song pick two years ago today: Louis Armstrong - What a Wonderful World

My song pick three years ago today: Chet Atkins - Battle Hymn of the Republic

My song pick four years ago today: Bob Dylan - Maggie's Farm

My song pick five years ago today: Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Life by the Drop

My song pick six years ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Down on the Corner

My song pick seven years ago today: Iron Maiden - 2 Minutes To Midnight

My song pick eight years ago today: Savatage - Believe


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade