3834. The Moody Blues - It Ain't Necessarily So

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81qUgb2tHrL._SX522_.jpg
From: The Magnificent Moodies; Year: 1965; Genre: R&B/Blues Rock
Yesterday I learned that Ray Thomas passed away a few days ago; an obituary can be read here. For those unaware, he was a founding member of the band The Moody Blues and besides songwriting, arranging, vocals, and playing a plethora of instruments for the band, most notably the flute, as most would remember from their mega-hit Nights in White Satin.
Anyway, on this early song from their first album he lends lead vocals to this beautiful cover from Gershwin's Porgy and Bess.

Hear It Ain't Necessarily So on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love

My song pick two years ago today: Zapp - More Bounce to the Ounce

My song pick three years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Milkman's Son

My song pick four years ago today: Megadeth - Bite the Hand

My song pick five years ago today: Jefferson Starship - Find Your Way Back

My song pick six years ago today: Band of Horses - Compliments

My song pick seven years ago today: Hawkwind - Lord of Light

My song pick eight years ago today: Karussell - Schattenkreuze

My song pick nine years ago today: The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

My song pick ten years ago today: Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In