3461. Van Halen - Why Can't This Be Love

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71TZhh7CECL._SX522_.jpg
From: 5150; Year: 1986; Genre: Hard Rock
I had this song on my mind this morning, so I'm choosing it for today's pick. Whilst I wouldn't consider myself a huge fan on the band when I hear their music I normally turn it up and at least bob my head to the beat, which is the same with this morning. It would've been so easy back in the mid 1980s for them to have made this hit song a dyed-in-the-wool power ballad like a plethora of bands during the time were doing, but they went heavy with it instead, thank goodness.

Hear Why Can't This Be Love on YouTube.



My song pick one year ago today: Zapp - More Bounce to the Ounce

My song pick two years ago today: Ugly Kid Joe - Milkman's Son

My song pick three years ago today: Megadeth - Bite the Hand

My song pick four years ago today: Jefferson Starship - Find Your Way Back

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Compliments

My song pick six years ago today: Hawkwind - Lord of Light

My song pick seven years ago today: Karussell - Schattenkreuze

My song pick eight years ago today: The Proclaimers - I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)

My song pick nine years ago today: Arlo Guthrie - City of New Orleans


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn