6471. Downtown Trio - Summertime

From: Movements Vol. 12; Year: 2024 (1975); Genre: Cool Jazz/Funk
I believe that I have stated it before, but I am always looking for recordings of this Gershwin standard from his popular opera Porgy & Bess. Lo and behold I found another amongst the many deep cuts on Tobias Kirmayer's Movements series. 
This funky cool jazz instrumental version was originally performed live in 1975 and features primarily the Bossa Nova aspects of the west coast "cool" jazz styling.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
My song pick 6 years ago today: ZZ Top - I Thank You

My song pick 7 years ago today: Bay City Rollers - You Made Me Believe in Magic

My song pick 8 years ago today: Jethro Tull - Mother Goose

My song pick 9 years ago today: Johann Sebastian Bach - BWV. 1027 - Sonata in G Major

My song pick 10 years ago today: Ray Charles - Careless Love

My song pick 11 years ago today: Ohio Players - Funky Worm

My song pick 12 years ago today: Alice Cooper - Welcome to My Nightmare

My song pick 13 years ago today: Hawkwind - City of Lagoons

My song pick 14 years ago today: Savatage - Surrender

My song pick 15 years ago today: Jim Croce - Tomorrow's Gonna Be a Brighter Day

My song pick 16 years ago today: The Doors - Crystal Ship

My song pick 17 years ago today: Lynn Anderson - Rose Garden
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

6968. England Dan & John Ford Coley - Nights Are Forever Without You

6966. Slade - Far Far Away

Song Picks By Genre:

Open Letter To The Complete Lowlife Idiot(s) Who Filed a Copyright Infringement

6965. Lou Gramm - Just Between You and Me

6967. Michael Kiwanuka - Final Days