746-8 ( The Beatles - Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End )

746-8 ( The Beatles - Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End )
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/42/Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

It is late or early depending on how you look at it, cannot sleep and I feel like posting my song for today: 9/9/09.
As most everyone probably knows, The Beatles' remastered back catalog of music has been released today. The hype around this release, as well as the release of the Rock Band video game to go along with it, is reaching pretty high levels.
I wonder how many times this makes that people have run out to buy and/or re-buy all of these albums again? At some point in the near future they will just re-release the back catalog again in whatever new "Super Duper Audio 2.0 Hi-Fi Ultra Remastered HD Format" and everyone will have to run out and buy and/or re-buy the whole breadbasket again; some genius has an incredible money making machine here.
Anyway, I digress. I figured that with all of this hype going around I needed to pick something from their catalog for my list today. Other than Come Together this is my favorite part of the Abbey Road album; it is one of the best pieces of music from this legendary band.

Here is the medley in a fan video on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Bruce Hornsby & the Range - The Way It Is
My song pick two years ago today: The Charlie Daniels Band - In America

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade