1051 ABBA - When All is Said and Done

1051 ABBA - When All is Said and Done
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/7d/ABBA_-_The_Visitors_%28Polar%29.jpg

It hit me today that I had not chosen this track yet; it's one of my favourites from the band. The Visitors was their last official album and contains a few songs of a personal nature concerning the relationships of the two couples within the band. I have often wondered why they chose to share these songs about their personal lives. Whatever the case these songs are some their best music in my opinion.
While I have never been into trying to peer into the private lives of different celebrities that I like, (I find it quite rude to do so), when one lays their heart out like this in a public manner, i.e. writes a song about private aspects within their lives it usually not only gives us an excellent song, but a look into them as normal, average people. This kind of song about lost love and heartbreak is something that most everyone can identify with. Personally, I have a belief that the meaning of a song and what that song causes to emote from within a person belongs to and is up to the listener; it is up to him/her to take away from it what he/she will. What the song personally meant to the author is really null and void in the ears of the beholder.
Anyway, enough heaviness.
This is one of the ABBA songs without their signature "launch" from the verse into the chorus and is rather carried on the back of their awesome rhythm section, mostly Rutger Gunnarsson's ostinato bass line.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Here is the music video on YouTube.
Here is the Spanish version of the music video: No Hay A Quien Culpar or YouTube.
Here is a neat dance hall remix of the song on YouTube.


My song pick a year ago today: Hawkwind - Motorhead
My song pick two years ago today: Savatage - Can You Hear Me Now

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade