1193 Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

1193 Eric Robertson - "Spooked" on Classics

I have no idea why I haven't chosen this rather unique track yet; it probably would have been more fitting about a month ago around Halloween.
Anyway, from time to time I have mentioned what you could refer to as and what Max calls "Dad Music" i.e. music that your father played a lot while you were growing up that ended up eventually being part of your musical tastes. My dad has always been fan of instrumental music, this was one of the records that he played countless times over the years.
Piano Hits was one of those albums sold on a late-night infomercial; it features piano maestro Eric Robertson's renditions of movie themes; most of which he did a wonderful job in his interpretations. I believe that my dad originally bought it for his rendition of Vangelis' Chariots of Fire.
Anyway, amongst these movie themes there was one track that was original; "Spooked" on Classics was that track. To adequately describe it: you take a rocked-out classical-influenced instrumental in which it has break sections where they take various themes from famous classical pieces, i.e. Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Mozart's Turkish March then add some haunting sounds like witches cackling and maniacal laughter to finish it off. To say the least there is really no other song that sounds quite like this one.

Hear "Spooked" on Classics on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Antonio Salieri - Requiem in C-Minor (Piccolo Requiem)

My song pick a years ago today: Marmalade - Reflections of My Life

My song pick two years ago today: .38 Special - Same Old Feeling

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade