1288 Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey

1288 Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/da/HA_WhippedCream.jpg

A bit ago my dad and I were going over some of Herb Alpert's music and since I haven't picked one of his songs yet I figured today would be a excellent time to do so.
As with a lot of Herb Alpert's recordings, this song did not originate from his pen; it was originally written by Bobby Scott and Ric Marlow for the Broadway production of the same name. I love his arrangements with the horn harmonies as well as neat break sections.

Hear A Taste of Honey on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

My song pick two years ago today: Three Dog Night - Try A Little Tenderness

My song pick three years ago today: Steve Winwood - Roll With It

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn