1263 Rush - Xanadu

1263 Rush - Xanadu

I'm having some Rush on the brain again this morning and am picking another one of their songs.
This is probably one of their better-known "epic" songs, which is about the quest for immortality and consequences thereof; it was loosely based on Samuel Taylor Coleridge's poem: Kubla Khan.
This is one of their songs to feature each member having to play multiple instruments when played live. Ever since I first saw the Exit... Stage Left performance I've liked this track.

Here is the studio version on YouTube.
Watch a live performance from Exit... Stage Left on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Iron Maiden - Powerslave

My song pick two years ago today: George Frideric Handel - Every Valley Shall Be Exalted

My song pick three years ago today: Kohei Tanaka - Kline's Dream

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade