1287 Steeleye Span - The Mooncoin Jig

1287 Steeleye Span - The Mooncoin Jig

This is a neat and rather rousing instrumental off of Steeleye Span's Now We Are Six album. I love the chord shifts and the neat time signature devices used in this traditional dance tune. Peter Knight gets to shine with his mandolin and banjo playing in this one, however the rhythm section is quite excellent as well.

Hear The Mooncoin Jig on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad

My song pick two years ago today: Jerry Reed - Lightning Rod

My song pick three years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Changes

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade