1285 Rush - Entre Nous

1285 Rush - Entre Nous

I've been playing Permanent Waves quite a bit lately and I realized I hadn't pick this song yet. This was the first Rush album I ever purchased, although I had been given a cassette of Moving Pictures prior, I still consider this to be my first Rush album. At the time I was already a moderate Rush fan and wanted recordings of some of their songs to learn on my bass; I recognized a few of the tracks, which helped make my decision. To say the least after playing it the first couple of times I ended up liking the rest of the songs on the album as well. In my opinion there is not a real weak track on this album; I like to put it on and just let it repeat whilst working.
The first time I actually ran into this song was from a SIDplayer file on my old Commodore 64; it was one of many digitized Rush songs that was on the disc. A SID file would be called a midi today; SID got its name from the digital/analogue audio chip in the computer called: (Sound Interface Device); if I remember right, it was quite advanced for its time.

Hear Entre Nous on YouTube.
Watch a live performance of the song from a couple of years ago on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Black Sabbath - War Pigs

My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - One Of These Days

My song pick three years ago today: Jethro Tull - Rare and Precious Chain

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn