1638 Fairport Convention - Dawn

1638 Fairport Convention - Dawn
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51WPKRwfGbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Rising for the Moon, Year: 1975
Genre: Folk Rock/Rock

For some reason I just felt like listening to some Fairport this morning. I noticed that I hadn't chosen a song off of their Rising for the Moon album yet, so I went ahead and picked this one, which is one of my favourites. It's quite a beautiful and dynamic song; they do a good job transitioning between the softer and delicate sound and kicking in with the harder sound when needed.
While this one's not one of their adaptations of a traditional tune, it contains some aspects from songs of that type. This was also the last Fairport album to feature the incomparable Sandy Denny, of course she was amazing as ever.

Hear Dawn on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Jethro Tull - Alive and Well and Living In

My song pick two years ago today: .38 Special - Chain Lightnin'

My song pick three years ago today: Cream - Swlabr

My song pick four years ago today: Three Dog Night - Celebrate

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade