1660 Pallas - Ark of Infinity

1660 Pallas - Ark of Infinity
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SMRN3EBRL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Sentinel, Year: 1984
Genre: Progressive Rock

I remember hearing and liking Pallas back in the day, but I had totally forgot about the band until I happened upon some of their material. It's a shame that they are not as widely known as many other progressive rock bands, but I guess that's what happens for most progressive acts that formed in the hostile musical environment after the '70s.
This album, The Sentinel, was originally supposed to be a full concept album based on the story of Atlantis, at least the band's take on it. However, as with a lot of times when the record company gets involved, it didn't get originally released as intended. What ended up was some 'radio friendly' tracks were added and songs from the concept were omitted and the remaining tracks were also placed out of order. Later, however, the band was able to re-release it as it was intended.
Anyway, this is the closing track for the story and features all of the hallmarks of an incredible progressive rock concept piece.

Hear Ark of Infinity on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Herb Alpert & the Tijuana Brass - A Taste of Honey

My song pick two years ago today: Steve Miller Band - Rock'n Me

My song pick three years ago today: Three Dog Night - Try A Little Tenderness

My song pick four years ago today: Steve Winwood - Roll With It

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade