1823 Emerson, Lake & Palmer - The Barbarian

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/ELP-ELP.jpg
From: Emerson, Lake & Palmer; Year: 1970; Genre: Progressive Rock
At some point yesterday I heard this song again and immediately knew I had my next pick. Throughout this rather interesting progressive rock arrangement of Béla Bartók's Allegro Barbaro, (BB 63), the trio literally put on a musician's clinic; all three of them kick some serious arsch on this one. As a musician this is one of those songs where you either get frustrated and think about quitting or you get thoroughly inspired; for me it's definitely the latter.

Hear The Barbarian on YouTube.
Watch a classic live performance on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Charlie Parker - Summertime

My song pick two years ago today: Tarot - Gone

My song pick three years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

My song pick four years ago today: The Enemys - Sinner Man

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn