1447 Charlie Parker - Summertime

1447 Charlie Parker - Summertime
From: Charlie Parker with Strings, Year: 1949
Genre: Jazz

I had Bird on my brain this morning, so I'm picking one of his songs today. This is a Jazz standard originally written by George Gershwin for the opera Porgy and Bess. It has been covered by many across different genres, but mostly in Jazz.
This is a very beautiful version of the song having the legendary saxophonist being backed by string accompaniment.

Hear Summertime on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Tarot - Gone

My song pick two years ago today: The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black

My song pick three years ago today: The Enemys - Sinner Man

+

Comments

  1. "I had Bird on my brain this morning"

    Hopefully you wiped it off. Man, I hate it when they do that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade