1825 Nightwish - Passion and the Opera

From: Oceanborn; Year: 1998; Genre: Power Metal/Symphonic Metal
I'm bringing an extremely busy weekend close, which consisted of getting ready for the big move and attending a local animé/Japanese cultural festival; to say the least I'm tired and ready to go back to the work week.
Anyway, whilst on the road my iPod was favouring Nightwish quite a bit; of course this was one of the songs that came up during our travels this weekend. This is quite an interesting song all of the way around; I suppose the best way to describe it would be to call it a fusion between metal and opera. Toward the end of the song Tarja Turunen really does an awesome job with her vocals; it reminds me somewhat of the Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute in my opinion.

Hear Passion and the Opera on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome

My song pick two years ago today: Bachman-Turner Overdrive (BTO) - Let It Ride

My song pick three years ago today: Queen - Flash

My song pick four years ago today: Joe Cocker - When The Night Comes

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)