1836 Robert Schumann - Op. 17 - Fantasie in C

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/78/Schumann-photo1850.jpg/220px-Schumann-photo1850.jpg
Op. 17; Year: 1836; Genre: Romantic Period/classical
In the year 1836, which also happens to be my pick number, Robert Schumann composed this rather interesting piece of music for the piano. From what I've hear about this piece, it was written to help raise money for a monument in honour of Beethoven, who had passed away a few year prior. Also, the piece was dedicated to Franz Liszt; from what I understand he played this piece, but never in a public setting.

Here is the complete piece performed by Mehmet Okonsar on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Muse - Supermassive Black Hole

My song pick two years ago today: Eddie Lang - Eddie's Twister

My song pick three years ago today: The Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon

My song pick four years ago today: Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade