1841 Boston - Peace of Mind

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/e4/a654e03ae7a0769e61af0210.L._AA300_.jpg
From: Boston; Year: 1976; Genre: Rock
This week just seems to be progressing with all of the pace of a snail; I wish it would just get over already.
Anyway, after going through some of my library of Boston music I noticed that I hadn't chosen this song, which is one of my favourites. I thought for sure that I had chosen it at some time, I must've been wrong. This is one of those tracks that was done without any compromise; one of my favourite parts is the massively overdubbed guitar solo at the end of the song.
This song is one of the hits singles from their hit-laden debut album and like all of the other tracks from the album, it gets a bit radio play to this day. Interestingly enough, this is one of the tracks that Tom Scholz had been working on in the studio for a couple of years prior to signing his record deal.

Hear Peace of Mind on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Weezer - Buddy Holly

My song pick two years ago today: Rammstein - Ich Will

My song pick three years ago today: Lynyrd Skynyrd - Mad Hatter

My song pick four years ago today: Ludwig van Beethoven - Op. 27, No.2 - Moonlight Sonata

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)