1844 Return to Forever - Excerpt from the First Movement of Heavy Metal

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/411PHFMBJ6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: No Mystery; Year: 1975; Genre: Jazz Fusion
I'm getting started on what's about to be a very busy weekend with the big move and all. I thought I would get it started by listening to something from the incomparable jazz fusion group Return to Forever.
The title of the song is a bit misleading, there really isn't anything "heavy metal" about it other than maybe Al Di Meola's guitar; I'd have to say that it's more of a jazz/funk/rock/disco.
For about the first 1/4 of the song it is essentially a Chick Corea jazz/classical piano piece, then the rest of the band kicks in with Al Di Meola doing some impressive lead guitar playing over a disco/funk laid down by Stanley Clarke and Lenny White; they then end the song the way it began with a piano solo.

Hear Excerpt from the First Movement of Heavy Metal on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Homer & Jethro - The Billboard Song

My song pick two years ago today: Thursday - I1100

My song pick three years ago today: Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

My song pick four years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6115. Fates Warning - Outside Looking In

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn