1468 Homer & Jethro - The Billboard Song

1468 Homer & Jethro - The Billboard SongFrom: The Worst of Homer & Jethro, Year: 1957
Genre: Comedy

This was another song that my grandfather used to play for everyone. For many years the only version of this song I'd ever heard was his rendition just singing and playing the guitar; I sure do miss hearing him play.
Anyway, this cute song from the legendary musical comedy duo of Homer & Jethro is about a powerful storm blowing through a town during the night and stripping away parts the many layers of advertizements on some billboards and thus accidentally causing funny messages to appear on them. Some of the lyrics in the song are quite funny: "Smoke Coca-Cola cigarettes/Drink Wrigley's Spearmint Beer/Kennel Ration Dog Food keeps your wife's complexion clear."

Hear the studio version on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Thursday - I1100

My song pick two years ago today: Wings - Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five

My song pick three years ago today: Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown

+

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade