1951 Les Paul & Mary Ford - How High the Moon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41MXNXC4FFL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: The Very Best of Les Paul & Mary Ford; Year: 1998 (1951); Genre: Pop/Rock 'N Roll/ Jazz
I'm making another pick where the date a song was released/recorded and my song pick number match. Les Paul & Mary Ford's cover of the often recorded song from the '40s Broadway musical Two for the Show was a pretty big hit in the year 1951, which is also today's pick. As always, Mary Ford's vocals and  Les Paul's guitar played are brilliant as ever.
While today it might seem normal, but back then Les Paul was a pioneer in musical recording; he was among the first to employ overdubbing and multitracking on his recordings, which set his sound apart. It's interesting when you think about it: the techniques he used essentially set the path as to where studio recordings would progress ever since.

Hear How High the Moon on YouTube.
Watch a video clip with the song on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Electric Light Orchestra (ELO) - Rain is Falling

My song pick two years ago today: Rush - Red Lenses

My song pick three years ago today: The Kinks - A Rock & Roll Fantasy

My song pick four years ago today: Quincy Jones - Soul Bossa Nova

My song pick five years ago today: Jethro Tull - My Sunday Feeling


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade