1944 The Ink Spots with Ella Fitzgerald - I'm Making Believe

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41LkZZ3ueLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
From: The Classic Years; Year: 2010 (1944); Genre: Jazz
Here's another one where the date of the song's recording happens to also be the number to today's pick: 1944.
I'm almost 2000 songs in and there are too many artists than I can count that haven't made my list yet; I've been meaning to pick one from this rather influential vocal group for a bit now and finally I have. Even though their place in musical history has been secured for many years, recently they have gained more popularity through their material being used as period music in a few popular video games: the Bioshock and Fallout series.
Anyway, this is quite a pretty love song; with the addition of Ella Fitzgerald's beautiful and amazing vocals it makes it all that much more of an amazing track.

Hear I'm Making Believe on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Blue Öyster Cult - Vengeance (The Pact)

My song pick two years ago today: Hawkwind - Sleep of a Thousand Tears

My song pick three years ago today: The Who - Squeeze Box

My song pick four years ago today: Steely Dan - FM (No Static At All)

My song pick five years ago today: The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn