1949 Vaughn Monroe - (Ghost) Riders in the Sky: A Cowboy Legend

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51xeU08I12L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Riders in the Sky; Year: 2002 (1949); Genre: Country/Folk
I've always loved this song in most of its incarnations; this is one of the more famous version and was one of the bigger hits in 1949, which is also today's pick number. Vaughn Monroe's deep and haunting vocals are really what makes this version of the song as great as it is.

Hear (Ghost) Riders in the Sky on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Bob Dylan - Knockin' on Heaven's Door

My song pick two years ago today: Frank Zappa - Dumb All Over

My song pick three years ago today: Django Reinhardt - I'll See You In My Dreams

My song pick four years ago today: Queen - You're My Best Friend

My song pick five years ago today: The Zombies - She's Not There


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

5932. The Jimmy Castor Bunch - Say Leroy (The Creature From The Black Lagoon Is Your Father)

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade