1973 Mahavishnu Orchestra - One Word

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61%2Bg6tcOc-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg
From: Birds of Fire; Year: 1973; Genre: Jazz Fusion/Funk
Here's my nineteen-hundredth-and-seventy-third song picked, and as I've been doing as of late, this one from John McLaughlin's Mahavishnu Orchestra was released in the year that coincides with today's pick number: 1973.
There were a couple of other songs I was wanting to pick off this album, but I couldn't find them on YouTube, so I finally ended up picking this 10-minute funky jazz fusion instrumental. Not a bad song at all, actually on the contrary it's an excellent piece of music, it's just probably not appreciated as much by those who like a more mainstream sound.
All and all an excellent song to close out 2012 with!

Hear One Word on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: The Alan Parsons Project - The Raven

My song pick two years ago today: Béla Fleck and the Flecktones - The Sinister Minister

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Reise, Reise

My song pick four years ago today: Billy Joel - New York State Of Mind

My song pick five years ago today: Manfred Mann - The Mighty Quinn (Quinn the Eskimo)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6149. Wilson Pickett - Smokin' in the United Nations

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn