2478 Rush - Force Ten

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/a3/7c/3a527220eca0395c03482010.L._SY300_.jpg
From: Hold Your Fire; Year: 1987; Genre: Progressive Rock
1987 had a lot of good music; many of the older hard rock bands that went synth and pop had started to get heavier again, however Rush remained as one of the holdouts for a few more years. While Hold Your Fire isn't a bad album by any measure, it is definitely not among their best. At one point early on in my fanhood of the band this was one of my top favourite records, but over the years it has been slipping further down.
Anyway, this is in my opinion one of the best songs on the album. It's interesting that this song was also an after thought tacked on at the last little bit of the recording session; sometimes the best material is made that way.

Hear Force Ten on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Creedence Clearwater Revival (CCR) - Someday Never Comes

My song pick two years ago today: Pink Floyd - Time

My song pick three years ago today: Rammstein - Amerika

My song pick four years ago today: Cream - White Room

My song pick five years ago today: Steely Dan - Deacon Blues

My song pick six years ago today: The Guess Who - Laughing


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade