2473 Bob Seger - Main Street

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/ciu/e3/ae/0191eb6709a0b19fe4074110.L._SY300_.jpg
From: Night Moves; Year: 1976; Genre: Rock
I heard this one on a film the other day as well. I was really surprised that I haven't chosen it yet, I should've picked it six years ago; it's one of my favourites from Bob Seger.
While the album is credited to Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band, on this track and on three others he was backed by The Swampers, who were Mussel Shoals Sound Studio band that played on many, many, countless hits throughout the 60's and 70's. I have to say, far and gone the reason that I love this one is the music from The Swampers, especially that haunting and crying guitar.

Hear Main Street on YouTube.



My song pick a year ago today: Nightwish - Scaretail

My song pick two years ago today: Beat Crusaders - Japanese Girl

My song pick three years ago today: "Weird Al" Yankovic - Amish Paradise

My song pick four years ago today: The Pet Shop Boys - West End Girls

My song pick five years ago today: Band of Horses - Our Swords

My song pick six years ago today: Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

738 ( The Allman Brothers Band - In Memory of Elizabeth Reed )

1258 Jethro Tull - By Kind Permission Of

5953. David Essex - Stardust

6063. James Brown - Lowdown Popcorn

5935. LaBelle - Lady Marmalade